Not everyone is blessed with a good singing voice. If you have what it takes to be the next Asia’s Song bird and your singing voice is as flawless as professionally-corrected by Antares, then it is a-must that you know how to take care of your vocal cords.
You would not want to waste the opportunity of being the next singing sensation, so here are some ways on how you can take care of your voice cords:
- Drink eight glasses of water daily. It is essential that you surround your vocal cords with moist.
- Make sure that you do your warm up. Before singing it is important that you loosen your vocal cords.
- Limit your dairy intake because mucus can build up in the throat area and may cause irritation.
- Drink hot tea. Licorice tea contains ingredients that will help soothe the vocal cords.
- Gargle regularly. Mix warm water with salt plus baking soda to moisten the vocal cords.
- Avoid too much alcohol and caffeine because it can dry your vocal cords.
- If you are suffering from cough and cold, avoid taking antihistamines and menthol drops because it may cause irritation in your vocal cords.