We shouldn’t teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. – B.F. Skinner
Moms would begin reading aloud to their child upon conception until our kids are past their diaper age. It is because there are various benefits that our children will receive whenever we read aloud for them. Among these benefits include the following:
- Reading books to our kids serve as bonding time. A good book and blanket are perfect companion during cuddle time,
- Vocabulary and language skills are enhanced when parents read aloud to their kids. They would know how words are pronounced and it gives them the opportunity to clarify the meaning of unfamiliar words.
- Reading aloud is a fun activity. You can animate your voice while reading which makes it more enjoyable for our children.
- It will help develop your child’s listening skills and it would be best to encourage your child to ask questions too.
- It will also teach your child the love for reading. You can read anything like your grocery list, billboard ads, and TV listings. Always bring something to read inside your bag or your kids’ diaper bags, and use every opportunity to read something for them.