Are you obsessed in keeping your ears clean? You have to understand that earwax is part of the ear and it will exit your ear naturally without the need to use cotton buds or ear cleaner. It is okay to regularly clean your ears, but you have to make sure that you are doing it the right way.
You would not want to use of those elite hearing aids because you have damaged your eardrum. In case you experience earwax blockage, you have to go to an Ear doctor to have it checked and removed. For your daily ear cleaning, here is how you should do it:
- Using your index finger, cover it with wet washcloth. Carefully rub the ear surface to remove dirt and dead skin cells.
- Clean only the outer part of the ear and avoid moving your finger towards the ear canal.
- Make sure that you do not insert the cotton buds in the ear canal because this will only cause the earwax to move farther.
- Put the wet washcloth over the ear for several minutes to help soften the earwax found in the entrance of the ear canal, to easily remove it using only washcloth or cotton buds.
- Do not insert any sharp object inside your ears to avoid damaging the ear drums.