In men’s formal wear, it is important to wear a tie or a bow tie. Tuxedos look good with a perfect bow tie, to give that classy and elegant look. A bowtie is made of soft fabric or ribbon which men normally tie around their collars. There are ready to wear bow ties wherein all you need to do is to wear it and you are ready to go.
However, a lot of men still prefer to know how it is to make a bow tie from a ribbon. Here are the basic steps involved in making a bow tie, so stand in front of the mirror and DIY.
- Put the bow tie around your neck and just under the collar of your shirt.
- Hold both ends, then the right end should be extended at around 1.5inches lower than the left end of the bow tie.
- The tie should cross the neck in order to make a loop. Make sure that the longer end should crossover the shorter end of the bow tie.
- The longer end of the bow tie should go through the loop and it should form a loose overhead knot.
- Fold and make a loop on the loose end on your right and do the same thing on the left end of the bow tie. Hold the bow using your index finger and thumb and then form a loop. The same process you did with the other end.
- Then pinch both loops with your thumb and index finger; make sure to push the second loop in the knot found behind the first loop.
- It’s time to tighten the bow tie by pulling the loops together and it will also straighten the bow tie.